Toucan Diversity Training Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation that provides equality training in order to promote social inclusion for the most disadvantaged groups of our society.
How Toucan Diversity Training is organised
Toucan Diversity started trading in November 2014 as a social enterprise and is a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders. The non-executive board of directors/trustees have the overall responsibility for the strategic direction of the social enterprise and its financial overview. The board meets once a term and is busy setting up a solid infrastructure to secure the organisation for years to come. The day-to-day running of the organisation is led by the Operations Manager.
Toucan’s objective is to educate and increase awareness of the issues which affect people with disabilities and other minority groups. This will be done by providing:
Talks from the viewpoint of people with disabilities and of other minority groups depending on training requirements.
- Briefing on the Equality Act, 2010.
- Open discussions, presentations, group work, practical advice.
- Online seminars and events in the near future.
- Job opportunities for people with disabilities and of other minority groups.
- We seek to be an open, transparent, inclusive non-profit organisation, promoting diversity and equality.
- We believe that diversity training should be carried out by people who have first-hand experience of the day-to-day difficulties encountered as a disadvantaged member of our society.
- We also firmly believe that individuals should be treated equally regardless of disability, gender, ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation