Luke Syddall was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when he was 8 years old. There are many things that he has accomplished in his life, such as getting his driver’s licence, working at a summer camp in America and travelling around America by himself. He has worked part-time as a tennis coach and also held paid administration jobs.
Luke Sydall now works with children on the Autism Spectrum and is a member of ‘Hampshire Autism Voice’ and the ‘Hampshire Autism Partnership Board’.
Luke gives presentations to help others understand Asperger Syndrome. He has been presenting for a number of years to all kinds of people affected by and interested in Asperger Syndrome, in one way or another. Toucan Diversity gave Luke the opportunity to become an accredited trainer and he has now completed a Level 3 in Education and Training.
TrainiLung objectives: for people with Asperger & Families
* Get a better understanding of Asperger Syndrome
* Build on strengths and realise potential
* Manage anxiety and reduce stress
* See that there is a light at the end of the tunnel
Training objectives: for professionals
* Understand what Asperger Syndrome is all about
* Empathise with someone’s condition as oppose to seeming it as a problem
* Learn different ways on how to communicate with a person on the Autism spectrum
Luke’s friendly, humorous approach and sympathetic manner creates an engaging atmosphere,
Duration: 1 hour
Group size: maximum 25