Supporting Inclusive Employment
Toucan Diversity is proudly a user-led social enterprise with a focus on disability. Despite improvements, people with disabilities still face discrimination whilst looking for employment. People with disabilities are twice as likely to be unemployed compared to non-disabled people. The struggle isn’t over if the individual has found a job as they are likely to face a significant pay gap. Over seven in ten adults with disabilities in the UK have stopped working due to a disability and/or health condition. 18% of British Society identify as having a disability, and it is vital for employers to utilise this untapped talent.
With our Disability Confident Leader accreditation, you can be sure you will be receiving the best training for your company. This Inclusive Employment module has been tailor made to discuss the issues and barriers surrounding recruiting and maintaining disabled employees.
- Discover the value of the Social Model
- Identify the appropriate language to use in the UK
- Learning what is meant by the 2010 Equality Act
- Identify how to interact appropriately with disabled people
- Identify how to make reasonable adjustments and remove barriers
- Identify on how to attract, recruit and retain disabled employees.
The session is interactive and encourages participants to think about various issues using a range of training methods, such as:
- Group discussions
- Video work
- Action plans
This session will be facilitated by Madissa Asgari MA, BA (Hons)