Supporting Inclusive Employment
How you will benefit from this training
This training will discuss the issues and barriers surrounding attracting and retaining disabled employees.
Participants will gain the skills to use reasonable adjustments and to maximise support for disabled employees.
Who should attend:
• Diversity and inclusion professionals
• Employee relations managers.
• HR advisors
• Equality managers.
Disabled people face discrimination when looking for employment. Though there have been improvements, disabled people are twice as likely to be unemployed than non-disabled people.
Disabled people who find a job are likely to face a significant pay gap compared to non-disabled colleagues.
Over 7 in 10 disabled adults in the UK have stopped working due to a disability and/or health condition.
It is vital for employers to utilise this untapped talent.
- Discover the value of the social model of disability
- Identify the appropriate language to use in the UK
- Learning what is meant by the 2010 Equality Act
- Identify how to interact appropriately with disabled people
- Identify how to make reasonable adjustments and remove barriers
- Identify how to attract, recruit and retain disabled employees.
The session is interactive and encourages participants to think about various issues using
- Group discussions
- Video work
- Action plans
Trainer: Madissa Asgari
Toucan Diversity Training is a proudly user-led organisation that specialises in raising awareness for issues surrounding disability.
Our Disability Confident Leader accreditation means you can be sure you will be receiving the best training for your company.
All participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.Contact Us